Volunteers spend two days a week in Soroti town taking part in the community support programme. The remaining time will be divided between working at a local hospital and health Units, depending on your medical background and skills.
This gives volunteers the chance to spend time in Soroti, Amuria, Katakwi or Kumi making a positive contribution to the health service, a chance to gain a unique medical experience and to also make a profound contribution to the lives of people in the surrounding community.
There will be many highlights to your worthwhile experience, some of which may be:
- Assisting with improving the facilities and becoming involved in the teaching and caring of the children
- Gaining medical experience under the supervision of qualified doctors and nurses if you have a desire to work in the medical field.
- Having the opportunity to really make a difference in the community and see life in the local towns and villages.
- Experiencing true Ugandan culture
- Learning a bit of Ateso and Swahili!